In this week’s update: exciting new museum donations, AARP Magazine, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For September 18-24, 2023:
- We received a wonderful donation of photos of the Runbeck family – the last owners of the Old Mill as a business – along with an actual recipe book for the flour mixes the mill produced at the time! Descendants of the owner of the first Lindsborg mill – Charles Johnson – brought in family photos this week as well!
- The museum handy crew has continued work on the mill walkway. It’s coming along well!
- Lenora fulfilled two requests for archive research.
- Our Bethany College intern Tyler has been helping with scanning photos, helping with a commemorative mill anniversary book, and doing research to continue to expand the museum’s audio tour stops.
- A photographer with AARP Magazine was at the museum last Saturday in connection with an upcoming feature article about Lindsborg!
- We are seeking volunteers to help with activities during Svensk Hyllningsfest 2023. Register your interest here. We are looking to cover 2-hour shifts between 12-5 p.m. on Friday, Oct 13 and Saturday, Oct 14. Thank you in advance for your help!
- Adam is working on a presentation for the upcoming Kansas Museums Association conference in November.
- Adam completed two different marketing handouts for an endowment campaign and for Svensk Hyllningsfest visitors.
- Thanks to Ad Astra Radio for this great story about the museum hosting Chamber Connections.
- Registration is now open for a special Genealogy Presentation on November 4 in partnership with “Pursuing YOUR Past.” This is FREE for museum members (check your emails!) or just $10 for non-members.
- A Volunteer Workday is coming up on September 30. Please come help out if you are able!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Jerry Sperling, Margaret Presley, Julie Ann Neywick, Leland Nelson, and Karmon Almquist!