In this week’s update: Swedish Pavilion porch renovations complete, hosting Chamber Connections, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For September 11-17, 2023:
- Work on the front porch of the 1904 World’s Fair Pavilion is complete! It really looks great, and is a huge improvement on its previous disintegrating condition.
- Lenora is presented last week to Rotary International in Salina!
- The Museum Handy Crew made continued progress on the walkway to the Old Mill last Wednesday, laying down most of the new composite planks, which should be much more durable and even.
- We hosted Chamber Connections on Thursday morning, with about 30 people in attendance. Thanks to all the Chamber members who attended to learn more about the museum, and particularly those who made the drive from out south!
Winner of the Chamber Connections door prize – one of our special Scale House Limited Edition Ballpoint Pens – made from actual recovered lumber from the mill itself!
- Registration is now open for a special Genealogy Presentation on November 4 in partnership with “Pursuing YOUR Past.” This is FREE for museum members (check your emails!) or just $10 for non-members.
- Lenora helped two people with genealogy research last week.
- A Volunteer Workday is coming up on September 30. Please come help out if you are able!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Susan Achenback, Les Sperling, Leland Nelson, Jerry Hammerton, and Karmon Almquist!