In this week’s update: Maintenance Surplus Sale, genealogy presentation online, gift shop restock, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For October 23-29, 2023:
- We’ll be holding a “Maintenance Surplus Sale” at 8 a.m. this Saturday, November 4. This sale of only non-collection items will include wood doors, wood boxes, metal fencing materials, wooden chairs, construction materials, lumber, kerosene lanterns and wood shelves. The Museum Collections Committee has been undergoing a process of reviewing the extensive and diverse storage facilities on our campus. Many of the maintenance materials accumulated over the past half-century are blocking access to or are intermixed with archived collection material. Funds raised will contribute to the care of the existing museum collection.
- Registration is still open for ONE more week for a special Genealogy Presentation THIS Saturday, November 4 in partnership with “Pursuing YOUR Past.” This is FREE for museum members (check your emails!) or just $10 for non-members.
- We currently have a “second-chance” match campaign happening right now through the Smoky Valley Community Foundation, so your generosity with any new donations right now are DOUBLED (maximum per organization is $2,500).
To take advantage of this opportunity donations HAVE to be sent by Monday, November 13!Help us to not leave this “free” money on the table with your gift today! There’s three easy and convenient ways to give:1) Leave a check at the Bank of Tescott Night Deposit slot (on Lindsborg Main Street). All checks should be written to SVCF and note “Lindsborg Old Mill Museum” in the memo field.2) Mail a check to SVCF P.O. Box 84, Lindsborg, KS 67456, postmarked by November 13.3) Give a donation online at https://bit.ly/MatchFall2023 by November 13.
- Lenora assisted with three research requests across the week.
- The Flickr photostream for the Historic Image Database project now has nearly 1,000 photos and 22,000 views!
- The museum gift shop has been restocked with many items that had gotten down to low or out of stock. It’s a great time to pick up items for holiday shopping!
- The fall newsletter is now being written and designed and is about half-finished – keep an eye on your inboxes and mailboxes!
- We also have officially kicked off our Endowment Campaign 2025 to add $1 million to our endowment in supporting our annual operational budget to make sure that not only do we preserve these historical treasures, but we can also “keep the lights on.” Read more on the flyer and giving form below, or visit to www.oldmillmuseum.org/donations to learn more!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Betty Amos and Mim Carlson!