In this week’s update: Svensk Hyllningsfest attendance, Endowment Campaign Kickoff, Historic Image Database, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For October 7-13, 2023:
- We had a great Svensk Hyllningsfest weekend, with more than 170 people visiting the museum across the two days and our campgrounds were filled to capacity! Thank you for coming out and supporting local history and culture at the museum!
- Hyllningsfest was also the official kickoff for our Endowment Campaign 2025 to add $1 million to our endowment to support our annual operational budget to make sure that not only do we preserve these historical treasures, but we can also “keep the lights on.” Read more on the flyer and giving form below, or visit to www.oldmillmuseum.org/donations to learn more!
- As part of our SPRINT grant funding, we were able to have installed a great new upgraded security system from Wilson Security last week!
- We’ve added a page to our website talking about the new Historic Image Database project at www.oldmillmuseum.org/historic-image-database! Go check out the great progress on this project!
- There’s still time to register for the Swedish Genealogy Workshop on October 21 (This Saturday!) Learn more and register at the link HERE.
- Registration is now open for a special Genealogy Presentation on November 4 in partnership with “Pursuing YOUR Past.” This is FREE for museum members (check your emails!) or just $10 for non-members.
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Jerry Sperling, Margaret Presley, Ron Wilson, Julie Ann Neywick, Mim Carlson, Les Sperling, Jerry Hammerton, Mike Koch, and Karmon Almquist!