The “Monday Morning Museum Update” is here to keep you updated on what staff and volunteers are doing in your community every day in serving and celebrating the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and look ahead at what’s coming.
- Holiday Decoration Volunteer Work Day – November 19 (this Saturday).
- Giving Tuesday “Pay What Your Heart Tells You” Museum Admission – November 29.
- Christmas Artists’ Studio Open House – December 3.
- Heritage Christmas – December 10.
For November 6 – 13, 2022:
- Lenora Lynam, Executive Director; Caroline de Filippis, Community Engagement Director; and Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director, attended the Kansas Museum Association (KMA) conference in Topeka November 7-9. It proved a great opportunity for building skills, bringing home new ideas, and making connections with other professionals in the field. The team will be meeting early this week to compare notes and make decisions about how to use what was learned from the professional development.
- Full staff attended the Board of Directors meeting Thursday evening, which primarily focused on reviewing and discussing the newly-developed strategic plan for the museum.
- Everyone was off on Friday, November 11 for the Veterans Day holiday.
Lenora Lynam, Executive Director
- Presented last Saturday at IDQuest, a genealogy conference held at the Topeka Public Library. She also ran a table in the conference’s exhibit hall with information about the museum and Lindsborg.
- Worked with a a local contractor to fix a drainage issue on museum grounds.
Caroline de Filippis, Community Development Director
- Completed estimated budget projections for 2023-2024 on the strategic plan.
- Processed new museum memberships and sent thank you notes to them.
- Processed and sent thank you notes to donors.
Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director
- Developed this “Monday Morning Museum Update” communication.
- Social media posts.
- Fixed a temporary website page outage and gift shop technical error.
- Updated and corrected information on mill’s Wikipedia page.
- Reviewed advertising for Heritage Christmas with Lindsborg News-Record. Designed two new ads for this year.
- Made and posted “closed” sign for Veterans Day.
- Covered museum lobby for opening an closing of museum on Saturday, November 12.
- Reviewed responses to gift shop items survey, which has had 23 completed surveys so far (will close it out on Wednesday, November 30). The survey is open for responses HERE.
- Prepared first online gift shop order. The gift shop is now at www.oldmillmuseum.org/gift-shop.
- Volunteers covered to keep the museum open November 7-9 while staff attended the KMA conference. Our thanks for your help!