In this week’s update: Second Chance match campaign extended, KMA Award, tomtes, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For November 5-12, 2023:
- The “second-chance” match campaign through the Smoky Valley Community Foundation has been EXTENDED! While the deadline was originally set to be today (November 13), the opportunity to have your giving to the museum’s foundation fund has been extended through Tuesday, November 28 – Giving Tuesday.
So, right now your generosity with any new donations right now are DOUBLED (maximum per organization is $2,500). We’ve had several donations, but there’s still plenty of room to take advantage of this great opportunity.Help us to not leave this “free” money on the table with your gift today! There’s three easy and convenient ways to give:1) Leave a check at the Bank of Tescott Night Deposit slot (on Lindsborg Main Street). All checks should be written to SVCF and note “Lindsborg Old Mill Museum” in the memo field.2) Mail a check to SVCF P.O. Box 84, Lindsborg, KS 67456, postmarked by November 28.3) Give a donation online at https://bit.ly/MatchFall2023 by November 28.
- At the Kansas Museums Association conference in Hays last week, Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director, was a featured presenter November 7 on creating technology-based museum experiences on a budget. On November 8, KMA also recognized the museum with the “2023 Technology Award for Projects $9,999 and Below” for the 360 Video Tour of the Old Mill (which you can view HERE!)
- We now have handmade tomte collectibles in the gift shop, available HERE!
- The Handy Crew worked on the north side of the implement building on Heritage Square.
- This is the perfect time of year for membership renewals or to become a member for the first time! Learn more HERE.
- We also have officially kicked off our Endowment Campaign 2025 to add $1 million to our endowment in supporting our annual operational budget to make sure that not only do we preserve these historical treasures, but we can also “keep the lights on.” Read more on the flyer and giving form below, or visit to www.oldmillmuseum.org/donations to learn more!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Jerry Sperling, Margaret Presley, Carol Gusenius, Mim Carlson, and Susan Achenbach!