In this week’s update: City Council meeting tonight, photo scanner funding, Swedish Genealogy workshop this Saturday, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For May 29 – June 4, 2023:
- We’re on the City of Lindsborg council meeting agenda for this evening – Monday, June 5 – to request funding support for the museum. If preservation of the museum, Old Mill, and Swedish Pavilion is important to you, we encourage you to attend and to speak in favor of this important funding request.
- The museum has been named for a $1,422.41 Smoky Valley Community Foundation grant for the purchase of a high-quality photo scanner. This will support an upcoming effort to digitize more historic photos from the community and make them available for the public to access!
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
- This Saturday, June 10 is this summer’s online Swedish Genealogy Workshop! Purchase your reservation through the museum gift shop HERE!
(If you tried to access it in about the last week and were unable to complete the transaction, please try again now. There was a glitch with the online shop which has now been fixed.)
- As a new addition to the the “Old Mill, New Life” temporary exhibition, we will soon be adding a new book with an invitation to respond to the prompt “Where will the next 125 years take us?” We invite you to come visit and share your thoughts!
- Stay tuned for announcement of the museum’s “Christmas in July” plans! We have some fun plans in the works!
- Social media highlight of the week: A great message of thanks and photos from Zane!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!