In this week’s update: Millfest featured on public radio, museum YouTube page, Sunflower Summer, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For May 22-28, 2023:
- Millfest and the Old Mill were featured on the monthly podcast “Hidden Kansas” produced by KMUW in Wichita and distributed on the NPR network! Give this engaging story a listen HERE. The story was also featured on the weekly KMUW program “The Range” hosted by Tom Shine.
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
- The museum has its first YouTube page at www.youtube.com/@LindsborgMill! Subscribe today to receive updates whenever new video content is posted!
- Lindsborg locals might notice a new presence for the museum at the White’s Foodliner grocery store with a large vinyl poster in an exterior window. Our thanks to White’s for giving us this opportunity to spread the word and attract visitors to the museum!
- We welcomed tour groups from Senior Services Wichita and Stafford School last week.
- We’re very excited to welcome Tyler Hammond to our fall 2023 internship position!
- We have new books for purchase available in the online museum gift shop at www.oldmillmuseum.org/gift-shop!
- We have an official request for bid for removal of about 15 trees from museum grounds for safety reasons. Read more details HERE – particularly if you or someone you know is interested in bidding.
- Registration is open now for the next Swedish Genealogy Workshop on June 10! Purchase your reservation through the museum gift shop HERE!
- We’re on the City of Lindsborg council meeting agenda for June 5, to request funding support for the museum. Caroline has been hard at work preparing a detailed presentation for the council. We support and encourage anyone who would like to speak in favor of funding the museum’s work to attend.
- Social media highlight of the week: A nice Facebook gallery from visitor Jeffrey Davitt!
- Check out the new design of our tourism brochures, featuring photography by local photographer artist Taton Tubbs!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
- Jerry Sperling, Cathy Ahlstedt, and Carol Gusenius: Monday front desk coverage.
- JulieAnn Neywick: Photo scanning.
- Mike Lynam: Campground and picnic area trash clean-up.
- Les Sperling: Fixing a lock on the Swedish Pavilion west doors.