In this week’s update: 360-degree VIDEO tours, new gift shop products, Midsummer’s Festival, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For June 5-11, 2023:
- You can now take a 360-degree VIDEO tour of the Old Mill in action at any time!
For a tour you can navigate wherever you want, start at www.oldmillmuseum.org/360-video-tour and for a “guided” 360 video tour (with all the video clips edited into one) visit www.oldmillmuseum.org/full-virtual-video-tour.
- The museum’s Heritage Square and campgrounds will be a main location for Midsummer’s Festival events this coming weekend on June 17! We hope you can join us for some or all of these activities:
-Swedish Tea-Ring and Swedish Pancake demos
-Swedish genealogy and Swedish language workshops
-Midsummer pole-raising and Swedish folk dancing
-Bjornstormr-Dansk Spyd and Glomesdal Viking camps (Viking re-enactment groups, in the Old Mill Campgrounds south across the pedestrian bridge).
Read a full schedule of Midsummer events HERE!
- Two new books are now available on the museum’s online gift shop – Swedish Folktales & Legends and Scandinavian Folk Belief and Legend.
- Caroline presented to the City Council meeting on Monday, June 5 about the museum’s accomplishments and progress and made a funding request (decision expected fall 2023). You can watch the presentation on Facebook HERE or on YouTube HERE. The 15-minute presentation starts at about 24 minutes into the video.
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
- Social media highlight: We have 1889 Facebook followers. Can you help us get over the 2,000 follower milestone?
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!