In this week’s update: Midsummer’s results, new online gift shop products, Kubb Championship video, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For June 12-18, 2023:
- Last Friday, we had two tour groups to the museum: Kansas Abroad and Andover United Methodist Church. It was great to have you!
- About 200 guests came through the Old Mill and main museum exhibits on Saturday, June 17, in addition to all the free Midsummer’s Festival events on Heritage Square and the Old Mill Campgrounds. Thanks to everyone who came to see us! (Also: Spotted… A newlywed couple who ended their special day at Swedish Folk Dancing on Heritage Square!)
- Another 9 products are now available for purchase through the museum’s online gift shop – Swedish Touches, Scandinavian Holiday Recipes, Jaw harp instrument, Kansas map magnet, Kansas buffalo magnet, Buffalo cookie cutter, Sunflower cookie cutter, Heart cookie cutter, and a Biscuits cookie cutter set.
- You may be hearing a new advertisement on Ad Astra Radio stations in June. Give it a listen HERE.
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
- Caroline will be meeting with the McPherson County Commission on June 26 to update them about the museum’s current strategic plan and ongoing projects.
- The “Old Mill, New Life” exhibition now also includes a book for visitors to share their thoughts on where the museum will be in the next 125 years. Come share your thoughts!
- Social media highlight: We livestreamed the final championship round of the Midsummer’s Festival Kubb Tournament on Facebook Live HERE. (The most exciting key moments start at about 5:30 and culminate at about 7:20 with the King being knocked over in the first and only concluded game during the championship round. Most rounds can finish a best of three rounds in the allowed time; this final round was so back-and-forth that it came down to a single round victory.)
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!