In this week’s update: Christmas in July, bidding open on Old Mill work, antique Swedish postcards, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For July 3-9, 2023:
- The deadline is nearly here for the museum seeking bids for masonry work on the Old Mill, due Wednesday, July 12. Contact the museum at email@example.com or call 785-227-3595 for full details on how to submit a bid!
- Work on repainting the entire Swedish Pavilion began this morning on Monday, July 10!
- The museum is participating in the community Christmas in July event on this Saturday, July 15 – including the release of TWO new museum Christmas cards (with custom art from a local youth artist – one design featuring the Old Mill the other featuring the Swedish Pavilion), a wooden limited-series ornament, and a collaboration with Indigo Moo’d ice cream on a museum-branded holiday flavor! Follow us on social media this week for details on how to purchase all three!
- There were several new additions to the gift shop last week, including a selection of 26 antique Swedish postcards (nearly 120 years old!) available at www.oldmillmuseum.org/product/antique-early-20th-century-swedish-postcards and new archive Swedish Genealogy workshop videos from 2023 workshop, available at www.oldmillmuseum.org/product-category/workshops.
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Jerry Sperling, Cathy Ahlstedt, and Mim Carlson!