In this week’s update: Museum open July 4, Play Kubb, Christmas in July planning, bidding open on Old Mill work, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For June 26-July 2, 2023:
- The museum IS open Tuesday on July 4 for Independence Day! Come give the museum a visit before enjoying the fireworks in the evening!
- Dedicated Kubb play fields and Kubb sets for checkout mean that playing this popular Swedish lawn game is a now a FREE additional benefit of museum admission and museum membership! Check out all the details at www.oldmillmuseum.org/kubb.
- The museum is seeking bids for masonry work on the Old Mill, due July 12. Contact the museum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-227-3595 for full details.
- Museum staff presented to the McPherson County Commission last week on June 26. The relevant portion starts at about 4 minutes in.
- The museum is working on finalizing its participation in the community Christmas in July event on July 15 – including the release of new museum Christmas cards (with custom art from a local youth artist), a wooden limited-series ornament, and a collaboration with Indigo Moo’d ice cream on a museum-branded holiday flavor! Check in later this month for details on how to purchase all three!
- Get a great deal on American Girl books on half-price clearance! Check out the available titles at www.oldmillmuseum.org/product-category/clearance.
- The Museum Handy Crew had their first work session last Tuesday and have started working on the reproduction Pavilion fence! Join the crew every Tuesday at 9 a.m.!
- All pages on the county site presence of the museum have now been archived or redirect to the current museum website at www.oldmillmuseum.org!
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry as well as more than 120 other attractions with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Ron Wilson, Carol Gusenius, Les Sperling, Mike Koch, Jerry Hammerton, and Kathy Peterson.