In this week’s update: Coverage from Milling & Baking News, Swedish Genealogy Workshop now available, Volunteer Work Day on Saturday, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For April 10-16, 2023:
- Milling & Baking News had a great article about the upcoming 125th anniversary of the Old Mill and Millfest on May 6! Check it out HERE!
- Registration is open now for the next Swedish Genealogy Workshop on June 10! Purchase your reservation through the museum gift shop HERE!
- We’re participating in the April Match Month through the Smoky Valley Community Foundation! Any donations made to the museum through the foundation during April using the link HERE will have their donation doubled with a one-to-one match!
- We will be having our Spring Volunteer Work Day on Saturday, April 22! If you have the time and inclination to help with various important needs on the museum campus, please sign up HERE to help out!
- Mark your calendars! Millfest will be Saturday, May 6, and we’ll be celebrating 125 years since the construction of the Old Mill!
- Continued planning for Millfest and Millfest for Kids.
- Met with the 125th anniversary committee to update on Millfest plans.
- Interview with Lindsborg News-Record on Volunteer Work Day.
- Zoom meeting with creator of 125th Old Mill anniversary commemorative book on details.
- Attended monthly Board of Directors meeting.
Lenora Lynam, Executive Director
- Daily bookkeeping (Bank deposits, bills, recording and reconciling transactions in accounting software.)
Caroline de Filippis, Community Development Director
- Process new memberships.
- Started to gather documents needed for the Heritage Trust Fund grant. Prepare Scope of Work document.
- Meet with potential new members for Development Committee.
- Add sponsorships to Millfest tracking spreadsheet.
- Read Heritage Trust Fund grants manual.
- Look into attendance cost for the International Association of Operative Millers Conference.
- Update volunteer positions sheet.
- Confirm music performers for Millfest.
- Meet with Svensk Hyllningsfest committee.
- Create and send Millfest reminder postcard to members.
- Send email to members with discount code for Swedish Genealogy Workshop.
- Print additional Millfest sponsorship forms and Millfest flyers.
- Answer EPIC survey.
- Communicate with painting contractor.
Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director
- Social media posts, responding to multiple messages and comments. Sent Facebook invites to individuals expressing interest.
- Attended AdHoc.
- Gave a mill tour to a group from the Hillsboro Senior Center.
- Fixed a fact error on the FAQ page.
- Prepared and posted Swedish Genealogy Workshop registration gift shop “product” listing and associated coupon code for members.
- Updated stock on wheat weavings sold.
- Researched options and cost for printing 125th anniversary book.
- Sent pictures to Milling & Baking News reporter.
- Pitched Millfest story to several locations.
- Confirmed attendance at Millfest of several government reps.
- Confirmed anticipated upcoming adoption of Kansas House and Senate resolutions about the 125th anniversary of the Old Mill.
- Ordered prints of additional newsletters and Millfest posters.
- Secured logo files for program from Millfest sponsorship levels.
- Set up subscription to email marketing service.
- Placed an ad order in Explore Kansas magazine.
- Minor copy editing to newly digitized text of the mill history “yellow book.”
- Drafted Millfest news release.
- Partial completion of Millfest four-page program.
Caroline and Lenora
- Met with a representative to discuss an upcoming grant application.
- Met with Old Mill advisory committee by Zoom.
- Attended a Zoom orientation workshop on the Heritage Trust Fund grant.
- Worked on the Millfest for Kids demonstration station schedules.
Adam and Caroline
- Research hats for mill tour guides.