In this week’s update: Year end memberships being tabulated, Millfest for Kids open for registration, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For December 26, 2023 – January 1, 2024:
- We’ve had an incredible response to the year-end $50,000 Museum Membership Match Challenge! Just before the holiday weekends, the numbers showed we had reached 81% secured!
The generous challenge pledge from Julie-Ann Neywick – longtime museum supporter and volunteer – was for a triple match of any individual, family, and business memberships purchased before the end of 2023.
We’re still watching for memberships postmarked before the end of the year and are tabulating memberships received over the weekend. Follow us later this week for final results.
Learn more about the match challenge HERE.
Thank you to everyone who gave so generously!
- Registration is now open for “Millfest for Kids” on Friday, May 3, 2024. This is a “living history” event for children of all ages. Students and teachers will enjoy a variety of hands-on activities such as blacksmithing, ropemaking, spinning, quilting, music and more! Contact us at email@example.com or call 785-227-3595 to reserve limited space.
- Staff has been busy working on an upcoming grant application and taking bids on important roofing and guttering repairs.
- Lenora worked on fulfilling three genealogy research requests.
- Register today! We have two upcoming genealogy workshops. First, the next all-day Swedish Genealogy Workshop will be on February 3. A shorter beginner German Genealogy Workshop is scheduled for February 17.
- We have officially kicked off our Endowment Campaign 2025 to add $1 million to our endowment in supporting our annual operational budget to make sure that not only do we preserve these historical treasures, but we can also “keep the lights on.” Read more on the flyer and giving form below, or visit to www.oldmillmuseum.org/donations to learn more!
Thank you to our museum volunteers!