In this week’s update: Membership Match Challenge Success, free family memberships for financial need, Millfest for Kids registration, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For January 2-7, 2024:
- Lindsborg Old Mill and Swedish Heritage Museum finished out 2023 strong, with $87,945 raised in the Museum Membership Match Challenge in November and December.
The year-end challenge campaign was made possible by Julie-Ann Neywick – a longtime volunteer and supporter of the museum – who put forward a pledge of $50,000 to encourage museum memberships as well as one-time gifts.
Also, one-time gifts were sufficient to supply up to 650 family museum memberships for free to families in financial need. A simple application to receive one of these free at-need memberships is now online at tinyurl.com/FreeMuseumMembership. A printable form is also available at www.oldmillmuseum.org/members that can be mailed in to the museum or brought in person. The application deadline will be Wednesday, January 31, 2024, and will be given on a first come, first served basis.
Read more about the year-end campaign success HERE.
Thank you to everyone who gave so generously!
- Progress is being made on the commemorative book about the Old Mill, with edits made on the first seven chapters. Keep watching here for updates on the book progress.
- Bids are still being taken on the museum front port repair project as the scope of work had to be expanded. For more information on submitting a bid, contact the museum at email@example.com or call 785-227-3595.
- Registration is now open for “Millfest for Kids” on Friday, May 3, 2024. This is a “living history” event for children of all ages. Students and teachers will enjoy a variety of hands-on activities such as blacksmithing, ropemaking, spinning, quilting, music and more! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785-227-3595 to reserve limited space.
- Register today! We have two upcoming genealogy workshops. First, the next all-day Swedish Genealogy Workshop will be on February 3. A shorter beginner German Genealogy Workshop is scheduled for February 17. Discounts on both are available for museum members.
- We have officially kicked off our Endowment Campaign 2025 to add $1 million to our endowment in supporting our annual operational budget to make sure that not only do we preserve these historical treasures, but we can also “keep the lights on.” Read more on the flyer and giving form below, or visit to www.oldmillmuseum.org/donations to learn more!
Thank you to our museum volunteers!