The “Monday Morning Museum Update” is here to keep you updated on what staff and volunteers are doing in your community every day in serving and celebrating the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and look ahead at what’s coming.
- Tomorrow (Tuesday, November 29) we’re having a new special event for Giving Tuesday (the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving). Please come for museum admission by “Pay What Your Heart Tells You” and be generous! You can also make a one-off donation of any amount via Paypal or help with a critical sustaining membership. Thank you for helping keep the museum strong!
For November 21-27, 2022:
- The museum was closed on Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- All staff attended AdHoc on Wednesday. The museum will be the inaugural location for a new community-building concept to hold AdHoc at a different member location once per month. The museum will host the next AdHoc meeting on Wednesday, November 30.
Lenora Lynam, Executive Director
- Met with board of directors members on the finance committee in reviewing the 2023 budget.
Caroline de Filippis, Community Development Director
- Processed new members and donations.
- Review membership management solutions.
- Met with a city representative.
- Arranged for a March speaker.
- Created a LinkedIn profile for the museum.
- Create vision board for strategic plan.
- Work on invitations for potential future partnerships.
- Create shared team planning calendar.
- Start schedule of community conversation events.
- Prepare for AdHoc meeting presentation on Nov. 30.
- Prepare for Heritage Christmas crafts.
Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director
- Social media posts.
- Create Facebook targeted ad campaign.
- Update website calendars.
- Set up and promote Black Friday coupon.
- Post up “limited edition” original mill flour bags to gift shop.
- Created and posted graphics and information for Thanksgiving holidays closures.
- Met on potential new laser-engraved items in gift shop.
- Created Heritage Christmas program and poster/flyer/social media graphic.
- Reached out to local and regional photographers to see whether they’d be interested in contributing to the 125th anniversary coffee table book.