In this week’s update: Pavilion painting renovation, Summer newsletter coming soon, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For July 17-23, 2023:
- KenJax Painting is nearly complete with redoing the entire exterior of the 1904 Swedish Pavilion, thanks to a large grant from the David J. Nutt fund for more than $160,000 – and it looks GREAT! More aspects of the project are still coming soon – including restoration of the Pavilion windows.
- The Summer 2023 “Museum Messenger” will be finalized, printed and sent out soon after the content was all written for it last week. We can’t wait to share it with you!
- We were excited to welcome several great tour groups last week, including the Kansas Geographical Alliance teacher group and a group with the Women Artists of the West (who also were working on pieces on the museum grounds). We hope everyone enjoyed the visit!
- Our number of Facebook followers has exceeded 2,000 for the first time! Wow!
- Families with kids can get FREE museum entry (as well as more than 120 other attractions across the State of Kansas) with the Sunflower Summer program! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!