The “Monday Morning Museum Update” is here to keep you updated on what staff and volunteers are doing in your community every day in serving and celebrating the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and look ahead at what’s coming. Let’s check in with how the last two weeks of 2022 wrapped up at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum!
For December 19-31, 2022:
- We met and exceeded the $50,000 Match Challenge! on December 22! This has been thanks to many people, businesses and organizations making one-time donations, or securing their new or renewing museum membership! The anonymous donor was so pleased with the early completion of the challenge that they put another $5,000 up as a Stretch Challenge, focused on matching dollar-for-dollar any new or renewing individual and family memberships made before the end of the year.
While we’re still crunching the final numbers (watch for updates coming soon), we can already tell that about $90,000 has come in to the museum as a result of the challenges and the generosity of everyone who gave before the end of the year!
- All staff had various shorter weeks for taking holiday vacation time.
- Met with author Linda Hubalek on advice on the 125th mill anniversary coffee table book and gift shop ideas.
- Met with City of Lindsborg representatives for cooperative planning.
- Recorded a thank-you video upon meeting $50,000 Match Challenge!
Lenora Lynam, Executive Director
- Met with descendants of Charles Johnson (owner of the first grist mill on the Old Mill site.
- Processing registrations and organizing next online Swedish Genealogy Workshop.
Caroline de Filippis, Community Development Director
- Processed new donations and memberships.
- Meetings and inquiries to organize 125th anniversary planning committee.
- Meetings with committee champions on the board.
- Preparation and submission of Nutt grant application.
- Inquiries to potentially organize in-person Swedish Genealogy Workshop in 2023.
- Process phone registration for Swedish Genealogy Workshop.
- Clean up and organization of files and server folders.
- Work on 2023-2024 strategic plan.
Adam Pracht, Marketing and Communications Director
- Social media posts.
- Updated progress trackers on Match Challenge online.
- Set up archive videos of Swedish Genealogy Workshops for sale in the online gift shop.
- Set up registration for February 11 Swedish Genealogy Workshop under the online gift shop.
- Created coupon codes for member workshop discount and 10% member gift shop discount.
- Created a “Plan Your Visit” landing page on website.
- Created and distributed “buy one get one free” admission coupons (online and to local partners).
- Updated online event calendars.
- Created logos for Stretch Challenge.
- Updated news release on website and in-person progress tracker to reflect achieving Match Challenge and the creation of the Stretch Challenge.
- Provided an article for the CVB “Posten” publication.
- Started on design and content for 2022 Annual Report.
- Susan Achenback and Carol Gusenius: Monday front desk coverage.
- Julie Ann-Neywick: Photo scanning for 125th anniversary book.