In this week’s update: last week for Sunflower Summer, visiting tourists, summer newsletter, and more!
In our weekly update, keep up to date on what staff and volunteers at the Lindsborg Old Mill & Swedish Heritage Museum are working on to lift up the history of Lindsborg and the surrounding region. This weekly update both looks back at what happened last week and looks ahead at what’s coming.
For July 31 – August 6, 2023:
- It’s the FINAL WEEK Sunflower Summer program! Between now and Saturday, August 12, Kansas families with kids can get FREE museum entry (as well as at more than 120 other attractions across the State of Kansas)! Download the app today at www.sunflowersummer.org!
- We welcomed a large tour group from Gladstone (Missouri) Parks and Recreation last Thursday!
- The Summer 2023 edition of The Museum Messenger newsletter is now available here.
- Contracts have been signed to begin work on the Old Mill exterior walls, funded by a Heritage Trust Fund grant!
- Lenora Lynam assisted several individuals interested in visiting family in area cemeteries.
- A shorter, three-minute version of the Old Mill 360-degree video tour has been created and is available now at www.oldmillmuseum.org/full-virtual-video-tour.
- Marketing and Communications Director Adam Pracht has been invited to present a special session at the Kansas Museums Association annual conference in November.
- Several areas on the website with errors (Historical Archive Indexes and museum reviews) have been fixed and should now be displaying correctly!
Thanks to Our Weekly Volunteers!
Jerry Sperling, Ron Wilson, Mim Carlson, Les Sperling, Mike Koch, and Jerry Hammerton!